Source: AutomotorPro.com – 2019 Infiniti QX80 Full Size SUV Winner
Written by Marco Carvajal
Photographs by Infiniti
2019 Infiniti QX80
The flagship of INFINITI’s SUV lineup, the 2019 QX80 amazes with a refined, spacious interior featuring high-quality materials, handcrafted finish and advanced drive-assist technologies. The comfort-oriented suspension and a 400 HP power makes the QX80 a full size luxury SUV ready to please the most demanding drivers
The full size Infinity QX80 is a winner! It won best in the class Full-Size SUV in the 2018 New England Motor Press Association Winter Vehicle Awards. Also winner at the 2018 AutoPacific vehicle satisfaction awards in the Luxury SUV segment.
2019 Infiniti QX80
Electronically controlled 7-speed automatic with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC)
Driver-adaptive learning algorithm senses driving style and adjusts automatic shifting accordingly. Manual shift mode offers sequentially selectable manual gearshifts and downshift rev matching
5.6-liter (5,552cc) 32-valve V8 engine, aluminum-alloy block and heads. Dry film-coated pistons
400 hp @ 5,800 rpm
413 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm
Fuel Economy MPG
Combined Estimated MPG
14 City / 20 Hwy
The QX80 competes with luxury SUVs like Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Lincoln and Land Rover, it is a large full size SUV made with premium luxury in mind.
The current Infiniti QX80 had an evolution of about 9 years. It debuted in March 2010 under the name Infiniti QX56. Later in 2013, the model changed its name to the Infiniti QX80. Then during 2014 this full size SUV received complete restyling of the exterior and continued improving every year. Then eventually in 2018 the QX80 became a new car, an icon. The new 2019 Infinity QX80 model became an innovative stage in the further development of premium SUVs. This magnificent crossover is a significant contribution of engineers and designers in the implementation of Infiniti’s plans to expand the model range and create new progressive super machines with super engines.
The 2019 INFINITI QX80 started to be available since summer 2018. The award winner QX80 has been very successful as a unique car in such competitive SUV market. The 2019 QX80 includes many interior and exterior enhancements, also safety ones, like standard Forward Emergency Braking with pedestrian detection and Predictive Forward Collision Warning for all models, along with a range of safety, security and driver assistance technologies, including Lane Departure Warning and Prevention; Intelligent Cruise Control; Distance Control Assist; Predictive Forward Collision Warning; Forward Emergency Braking with pedestrian detection; Blind Spot Warning; Blind Spot Intervention; and Backup Collision Intervention.
For 2019, the new QX80 LIMITED 4WD trim has been added to the QX80 LUXE and QX80 LUXE AWD lineup. The new 2019 QX80 LIMITED 4WD includes exclusive exterior and interior unique features like dark, machine-finished 22-inch forged aluminum wheels; two-tone, quilted semi-aniline leather with Alcantara seats, contrast piping and stitching; satin chrome exterior trim, roof rails and crossbars, the Limited is an amazing top of the line model, but the price goes around $90K, very luxury but not something that everyone can afford.
Prices & Versions for the 2019 QX80
For the 2019 QX80, buyers have 3 different trim choices, the base model QX80 Luxe starting around $65K, the Luxe 4WD with a small increase of 3K around the base price and the top of the line QX80 Limited 4WD with a price around $90K.
In terms of the competition Infinity is difficult to find a similar model to the unique QX80, but you could find other large SUVs for a cheaper price without so much luxury and detail as the QX80.
The value and amount of features offered on the QX80 are difficult to match, it is such a unique, strong and beautiful car starting around $65K.
|2019 Infiniti QX80 Luxe||Starting at $65,400|
|2019 Infiniti QX80 Luxe 4WD||Starting at $68,500|
|2019 Infiniti QX80 Limited 4WD||Starting at $90,100|
The 2019 QX80 LIMITED is powered by a standard 400-horsepower 5.6-liter V8 engine, with a 7-speed automatic transmission. Aided by INFINITI All-mode 4WD and Hydraulic Body Motion Control system
The new giant SUV is stylish and organic. All-LED headlights, a larger radiator grille, a brand-new bumper with a large slit of the lower air intake, decorated with chrome decor and LED fog lamps, have risen higher. Front fenders have modified and acquired new ventilation grilles enhance the image of this large SUV.
The updated rear body of the new QX80 includes LED lighting, connected together a stylish chrome bar and a massive bumper with oversized horizontal fog lamps. Infiniti’s largest SUV, the QX80 combines its commanding new presence with powerful muscularity and enhanced horizontal movement.
- Automatic on/off LED headlights with high beam assist windshield wiper interlock
- LED turn signals
- Integrated LED front fog lights
- LED rear brake lights and center high-mounted stoplight (CHMSL)
- Body-color running boards with integrated splash guards
- Power sliding tinted glass moonroof with one-touch auto-open/close, tilt feature and sliding sunshade
- Stainless steel rear bumper protector
- Power rear liftgate
- Roof rails
- UV-reducing solar glass
- Rear privacy glass
- Remote power-opening of windows using INFINITI Intelligent Key; closing via key in exterior door lock
- Auto-dimming, power folding, heated outside mirrors with integrated turn signals, courtesy lights and reverse tilt-down feature
- Rain-sensing, variable intermittent front windshield wipers
- Rear window intermittent wiper and defroster with timer
- Integrated Class IV tow hitch and 7-pin wiring harness with cover
Elegant, comfortable, and luxury interior. Thanks to the gigantic dimensions of the full-size premium crossover, 7 passengers can comfortably be accommodated inside. The interior can be compared with the cabin of an expensive private airplane. Luxury and convenience, functionality and comfort, all kinds of electronic devices, expensive decoration to please the most demanding passengers and driver. As the doors of the QX80 open, an aluminum doorway comes out from below, which helps driver and passengers enter the 2019 Infiniti QX80 as with the red carpet.
Standard Interior Features
- INFINITI Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition
- Remote Engine Start System
- 3-Blink Turn Signals
- Tri-Zone Automatic Temperature Control system with microfilter
- Mild-flow vent located on upper dash
- Rear-seat heater ducts under front seats
- Power windows with illuminated switches and one-touch auto-up/down with auto-reverse feature
- Power door locks with automatic locking feature
- Retained accessory power for windows and moonroof
- Sequential welcome lighting illuminated entry system and overhead ambient light
- Front sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors and extensions
- Overhead sunglasses storage
- Dual overhead front map lights; rear-seat reading lights
- Lockable glove compartment
- Front seatback map pockets; front and rear door pockets
- 9 cup holders and 4 bottle holders
- Front center console with adjustable armrest, storage compartment and 12-volt power outlet
- Second-row center console armrest with two storage compartments
- 12-volt power outlet in cargo area
- Outside temperature display
- Battery saver helps prevent accidental discharging if electrical accessories are left on
- Front and rear carpeted floor mats
- Leather-appointed seating
- 10-way power driver’s seat, including 2-way power lumbar support
- 8-way power front-passenger’s seat, including 2-way power lumbar support
- Dual occupant memory system for driver’s seat, outside mirrors and steering wheel, linked to individual Intelligent Keys
- Entry/exit assist for driver’s seat and steering wheel
- Heated front seats
- Stratford Burl trim
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Heated steering wheel
- Aluminum kick plates
- Second-row captain’s chairs with tip-up easy entry for third-row
- Power 60/40-split fold-flat and reclining third-row seats
- Bose 13-speaker Premium Audio system, including 2 subwoofers, AM/FM radio, single in-dash CD/DVD player with MP3
- playback capability, Radio Data System (RDS) and speed-sensitive volume control
- Driver’s Audio Stage
- Streaming audio via Bluetooth wireless technology
- USB connection port for iPod interface and other compatible devices
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- Auxiliary audio/video input jacks in front center console
- Illuminated steering wheel-mounted audio controls
Safety & Security
Driving safety is provided by the semi-autonomous ProPILOT driver. System monitors the position of neighboring objects, takes into account and can interfere with the steering, thus helping to avoid collisions. You can see everything that happens around the car thanks to an advanced monitor system.
- INFINITI Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) includes dual-stage front supplemental air bags with seat belt and occupant classification sensor which adjust their inflation rate depending on crash severity, and seat belt usage. If the front-passenger’s seat is empty, a sensor will deactivate the air bag
- Driver and front-passenger front seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags
- Roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags with rollover sensor for outboard occupant head protection for all three rows
- Front-seat Active Head Restraints (AHR)
- 3-point height-adjustable front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters, driver’s seat Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) and passenger’s seat ELR and Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR).
- Second-row outboard 3-point height adjustable seat belts with ELR and ALR (3-point center position seat belt available with split bench seat option)
- Third-row 3-point seat belts with ELR and ALR
- Zone Body construction with reinforced passenger compartment and front and rear crumple zones
- LATCH System (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) helps simplify proper installation of compatible child restraint seats
- Child safety rear door locks
- Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) with Traction Control System (TCS)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with individual tire pressure display and Tire Inflation Indicator
- Auto Hazard Warning Signal turns on the hazard lights in the event of the air bags being deployed
- Trailer Sway Control (TSC)
- Remote keyless entry system with selective unlocking of driver’s door or all doors
- INFINITI Vehicle Immobilizer System embeds an encoded transponder chip into ignition key. The engine control computer will not allow the engine to start without the correct key and transponder
- Vehicle Security System sounds alarm if intrusion is detected
After test driving the 2019 QX80, you have the desire to continue driving and enjoying this luxurious car. The tag price of $65K to $90K may be limiting for most car buyers, but the QX80 is worth every penny.
The new 2019 Infiniti QX80 is becoming an innovative premium full size SUV. It has a new futuristic design, and it is very attractive inside and outside. This magnificent crossover is a significant contribution of engineers and designers in the implementation of Infiniti’s plans to expand their lineup and to create new luxury SUVs, with powerful progressive engines. Advanced safety features, amazing sound and media quality, and premium materials everywhere.
Source: AutomotorPro.com – 2019 Infiniti QX80 Full Size SUV Winner